If you are a Mental Health First Aider or MHFA Champion you have skills for life that support you and the people around you.
Just like physical first aid, we recommend that Mental Health First Aiders and MHFA Champions attend a Refresher course every three years.
If it’s time to refresh your skills, book onto an Adult MHFA Refresher course now and feel confident that you are performing your vital role safely.
Benefits of Attending
This course will empower you to:
- Keep your awareness of mental health supports current
- Update your knowledge of mental health and what influences it
- Practice applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan
What to expect
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A manual to refer to whenever they need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say they are an up to date Mental Health First Aider.
You will refresh your previous knowledge and skills by exploring;
- Mental health and what influences it
- How to recognise the signs of mental ill health
- How to provide initial help
- How to guide the person towards appropriate professional help
- How to be mindful of your own wellbeing.
Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities.
Duration 4 hours
Cost £125 per person
Please note that the Adult MHFA Refresher is only for people who have completed an Adult MHFA Two Day or One Day course