This is run as either a classroom-based course over two consecutive days, or online in four half-day sessions usually over two weeks
We’re proud to be licensed by MHFA England to deliver this programme which enables attendees to become Mental Health First Aiders in England. The course provides an in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing. It also provides practical skills to spot triggers and signs of a range of mental health issues and the confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress using the Mental Health First Aid Action Plan.
This course can be run privately or you can join our open courses.
(Funding may be available from local organisations e.g. Chambers of Commerce)
The course covers a variety of topics including;
- What is mental health?
- Stigma and discrimination
- Anxiety Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- The Mental Health First Aid action plan
What our clients are saying about our online Mental Health First Aid course….
- Absolutely loved this course. Very insightful. I will be recommending this course to HR at the organisation I work for. I have participated in mental health training in the past and none has been as good as this. Ann was an excellent instructor especially under the current circumstances and delivering this training online.
- This course has been very informative and I have really developed a much broader understanding of mental health conditions and most importantly, the best ways to identify and support people, in the right ways. Ann is a consummate professional and knows this topic extremely well.
- A huge thank you to Ann for delivering the course so amazingly. She managed to create a safe virtual space which not only allowed us to discuss the sometimes difficult course content in depth, but to also share our own experiences with ease.
- I can honestly that I have been excited for each live session and have thoroughly enjoyed delving deeper into mental health discussions and feel that I am significantly more knowledgeable and confident going forward when having to deal with mental health issues, both in the workplace and personal life.
Our next course starts on 19th September 2023
This will be an online course over four sessions on 19th, 20th, 27th & 28th from 1.00pm to 4.30 pm
For further information please contact email@example.com.
*Please note, you will need to attend all sessions to complete the course*