We’re really proud to have become licensed with Mental Health for England to deliver the two-day Mental Health First Aid course which qualifies attendees as Mental Health First Aiders. The session provides an in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing. It also provides practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of a range of mental health issues and the confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress using the Mental Health First Aid action plan. Learning takes place across four manageable sessions built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan.
What we cover:
- Why Mental Health First Aid?
- The Mental Health First Aid action plan
- What is mental health?
- Impact of mental health issues
- Stigma and discrimination
- What is depression
- Symptoms of depression
- Risk factors for depression
- Depression in the workplace
- Suicide figures
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- First aid for suicidal cases
- Non-judgemental listening skills
- First aid for depression
- Treatment and resources for depression
- What is anxiety disorder?
- First aid for anxiety disorders
- Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
- Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
- Cognitive distortions and CBT
- Personality disorders
- Eating disorders
- What is psychosis?
- Risk factors for psychosis
- Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
- Bipolar disorder
- Warning signs of developing psychosis
- Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
- Recovery and building resources
- Action planning for using MHFA
Mental Health First Aid Training
|15/01/2020||9:30 am - 5:00 pm2 day course||Hollybush House, ST18 9AB||Enrol Now|
|10/03/2020||9:30 am - 5:00 pm2 day course||Hollybush House, ST18 9AB||Enrol Now|
|21/04/2020||9:30 am - 5:00 pm2 day course||Hollybush House, ST18 9AB||Enrol Now|
|09/06/2020||9:30 am - 5:00 pm2 day course||Hollybush House, ST18 9AB||Enrol Now|