This is currently available only as an online course. We are constantly reviewing our classroom based courses in line with guidance surround Covid 19 safety measures.
We’re proud to be licensed by MHFA England to deliver this programme which enables attendees to become Mental Health First Aiders in England. The course provides an in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing. It also provides practical skills to spot triggers and signs of a range of mental health issues and the confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress using the Mental Health First Aid Action Plan.
Online Mental Health First Aid is made up of a series of both individual learning activities and a series of live sessions hosted on the MHFA England Online Learning Hub. Individual learning will be based on a combination of videos, workbook activities and reading, which can be done at your own pace in advance of each live session, hosted by an approved MHFA England Instructor.
|Individual Learning ahead of session||Live Session|
|Session 1: 1 hour||Session 1: 2 hours 30 minutes|
|Session 2: 2 hours||Session 2: 2 hours 30 minutes|
|Session 3: 2 hours||Session 3: 2 hours 30 minutes|
|Session 4: 2 hours||Session 4: 2 hours 30 minutes|
Our live sessions are hosted twice a week for 2 weeks to enable time for self-study.
This course can be run privately or you can join our open courses, the details of which are listed below.
Course cost is £300 + VAT per person. (Funding may be available from local organisations e.g. Chambers of Commerce).
The course covers a variety of topics including;
- What is mental health?
- Stigma and discrimination
- Anxiety Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- The Mental Health First Aid action plan
What our clients are saying about our online Mental Health First Aid course….
- Absolutely loved this course. Very insightful. I will be recommending this course to HR at the organisation I work for. I have participated in mental health training in the past and none has been as good as this. Ann was an excellent instructor especially under the current circumstances and delivering this training online.
- This course has been very informative and I have really developed a much broader understanding of mental health conditions and most importantly, the best ways to identify and support people, in the right ways. Ann is a consummate professional and knows this topic extremely well.
- A huge thank you to Ann for delivering the course so amazingly. She managed to create a safe virtual space which not only allowed us to discuss the sometimes difficult course content in depth, but to also share our own experiences with ease.
- I can honestly that I have been excited for each live session and have thoroughly enjoyed delving deeper into mental health discussions and feel that I am significantly more knowledgeable and confident going forward when having to deal with mental health issues, both in the workplace and personal life.
Online Mental Health First Aid (Adult)
Please note, the courses below will be run over 4 days, and you will need to attend all 4 sessions to complete the course.
April course sessions: 13, 16, 20 & 23 April 10.00am – 12.30pm
May course sessions: 4, 7, 11 & 14 May 10.00am – 12.30pm
September course sessions: 14, 17, 21 & 24 September 10.00am – 12.30pm