To teach the theory and practice of suicide intervention skills that can be applied in any professional or personal setting.
Ann is accredited by Suicide First Aid UK to deliver this unique learning experience, for anyone who seeks greater understanding and confidence to intervene with people at risk of suicide.
Suicide First Aid Lite (Virtual) training offers learning outcomes that are knowledge based and factual. This training can be used as a stand-alone programme or as the first part of a journey to learn suicide prevention skills.
What we cover:
SFA Lite is comprised of 2 parts, each 90 minutes duration. The programme teaches the skills needed to identify someone who may be thinking about suicide and to pass the person onto a suicide first aider.
• Introduction to the session; programme, ourselves and suicide prevention
• Stigma and survivors of bereavement by suicide and the Hidden Toll
• Suicide thoughts and suicide behaviour
• Intention of behaviour versus outcome of behaviour
• Possible causes of suicide thoughts
• Suicide – the ripple effect
• ‘I’m really glad you told me’ audio visual
• Suicide Safety Guidance
• Recognising and asking about suicide
• Referring a person onto suicide first aiders
Taught over 3 hours using tutor facilitated learning, tutor-led role- play, mini lectures, group work and audio-visual presentations. This is a has some interactive elements and is an emotionally engaging learning experience.
No previous experience or training is necessary. Participants will be asked to self-reflect and empathise with a person having thoughts of suicide. There is no expectation on participants to share personal experiences.
This can be run as an online course or face-to-face.
Duration 3.5 hours (including break)
Open course: £80 + VAT per person
Private course for companies / organisations: £1000 + VAT for up to 20 people
(Corporate discounts are available, and Staffordshire businesses may be eligible for funding through the Skills Hub www.staffsskillshub.co.uk)
Suicide First Aid Lite Virtual
|01/10/2021||9:00 am - 12:30 am3.5 hours||Online||Enrol Now|